Friday, April 1, 2011

What's in Your Waller?


WHAT’S IN YOUR WALLET?

Finding a drivers license would provide a picture of me and my date of birth.  There is also a description of type A CDL endorsement for Heavy truck driving and other endorsements as motorcycle showing that I might work as a truck driver and perhaps I drive a motorcycle also.  The credit card would give a bank that I have an account with.  The debit card would give the bank name where I do my regular banking.  The small address book would give birthdays for relatives, friends, and anniversary date which could mean that people are important to me.  Some pictures would indicate that I like to keep pictures of the people I know which could indicate that I like people.  Miscellaneous business cards would indicate where I have done mechanic work, optical store for eyeglasses or contacts, medical insurance card where my doctor is located, and a receipt for some groceries. 
With just the contents of my wallet one would not know that I am attending college full time or what I am studying.  One would not be able to tell if I am married or who my children or grandchildren are.  Where I work would not be knowable either.  My relationships with family and friends would not be known.  The fact that I play guitar and drums and like music of all kinds would not be known.  The type of vehicles I drive are not indicated nor the home I live in.  The personal knowledge about me would not really be available from just the contents in my wallet. 

Peter Gienger

No comments: